A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. They are used to identify the user or device and to collect information.
Keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
Recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- Obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and products and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests;
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests; and
- Make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Cookies are typically assigned to one of four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: absolutely necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, and cookies for marketing purposes.:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that our website needs in order to function and if they are not accepted by you, parts of the site won’t be usable. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|Google Adwords, Facebook, Ometria, Mailchimp, Nmpi, Rakuten||Marketing|
|Google Analytics, Hotjar, Snowplow||Analytics|
|Facebook, Twitter||Social (including Sharing / Login)|
2. Third Party Cookies
Third parties may also set cookies on our website, for example Facebook and Twitter. These third parties are responsible for the cookies they set on our site and we have no control over them. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
All popular browsers (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge and Safari) allow you to amend your cookie settings so that cookies are no longer enabled across all websites that you visit.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies; https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.